WestCoastCachers.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WestCoastCachers.com

Geocaching & Exploring Forum

2 posters

replacing missing caches (A RANT)

HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

replacing missing caches (A RANT) Empty replacing missing caches (A RANT)

Post by HaZzMaTt Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm so sick of these "pocket cachers" going out and replacing caches when they don't find a cache
    POST YOUR DNF!
    Freak'n Geo Rookies! (AND IT'S NOT JUST THE NEWBIES YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)
    How would you know how I originally placed this cache or how the camo was when the cache is missing??
    Replacing caches when you don't find it does one of two things here;
    #1 The cache may in fact still be there, so you take the risk of now having 2 caches at the cache site so when the next cachers comes they find a "brown jar" and a scrap of paper for the log.
    And scenario #2 you have now replaced a cache that the next cacher will sign and so on making their finds void
    because they actually never did find the original cache
    LOG A DNF!!!
    You're not doing me or the Geo Community any favors!
    STOP POCKET CACHING CLAIM YOUR DNF or DON'T But don't replace it with some poc
    It's NOT all good!
    AWEMM
    AWEMM

replacing missing caches (A RANT) Empty Re: replacing missing caches (A RANT)

Post by AWEMM Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:32 pm

I have a question for you HaZzMaTt. How do you feel about someone replacing or adding a log sheet to an existing cache container?

A cacher has found a cache container; but for some unknown reason (vandals, animals, weather, etc.), the original log sheet is not in the container.