WestCoastCachers.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WestCoastCachers.com

Geocaching & Exploring Forum

3 posters

GSAK Mysteries

Losel 2
    Losel 2

GSAK Mysteries Empty GSAK Mysteries

Post by Losel 2 Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 am

Just so I am not stealing the thread on the Palm topic, I started a new topic with GSAK. Didn't know if it was good to stay on that Palm thread with GSAK problems.

rfo wrote:Ever messed around with polygons or whatever they're called? I like the ability to rename long cache name strings to make searching easier. For example...the Fountains Are Cool Series down here in the OC are labeled "FAC."

The polygon tool is yet another one of those many GSAK mysteries I have to figure out. I have played a little with it and tried to follow simple instructions but got nowhere. I need a step-by-step instruction from someone that knows how to work this polygon tool. Anyone out there that knows? Mikey knows I bet.

As far as your long titles, don't have a clue unless you just rename them (edit to new title) but they would be added right back on the next PQ. This might be a good question for the GSAK Forum if you wish to pursue.
    pacholik
    pacholik
    Admin

GSAK Mysteries Empty Re: GSAK Mysteries

Post by pacholik Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Yep. I will write up a walk-thru sometime soon using the polygon tool for filtering caches.

Last edited by pacholik on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rfo
    rfo

Post by rfo Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 am

When is the next "Pacholik Paperless Party?" I'm sure this will be in HIGH demand. Is it possible to slide this in as a new "event" between Hazzmatt's Lunch and Bonfire fire multi-events on July 18th? I'm sure admin would approve it with no questions asked. Twisted Evil

For Losel: At GeoWoodstock 6 last year the Advanced GSAK seminar was packed to the walls. It's too bad they didn't offer a basic class for the noobs.
    Losel 2
    Losel 2

Post by Losel 2 Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:36 pm

pacholik wrote:Yep. I will write up a walk-thru this weekend on using the polygon tool for filtering caches.

Now I am totally jazzed pompom to finally learn about poly's. GSAK has so much to offer and I only touch upon half the stuff it does if I am lucky. Can't wait for the write up. Keep in mind though, make it one step to another for I am a computer ditz. scratch I just knew that Mikey would know, he knows everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content