WestCoastCachers.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WestCoastCachers.com

Geocaching & Exploring Forum

4 posters

Jeep radiators

HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

Jeep radiators Empty Jeep radiators

Post by HaZzMaTt Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:20 pm

The stock Jeep radiators that come with Jeep vehicles are notoriously insufficient for many Jeep drivers' needs and today I proved that by cracking the plastic top right off mine, I was able to pull over to a shopping center and opened the hood just in time to see it spout a pretty 4' steam shooting out !
    The cool thing was within mins. of me parking my jeep I had another Jeep Wrangler come over to offer a ride for me and my son Blake (6)
    I was already on the phone calling aaa for a tow, luckily this happens only a few miles from Casa Del Hazz. When I got off the phone another Jeep'r drove over to lend help, they ol' guy also asked if we needed money WOW that's pretty cool.. I politely said no ty, the tow truck was there within 15 mins and as the guy "Richard" was rack'n it up ANOTHER Jeep came over to see if all was well He asked what happen, and gave me to websites to price a new radiators, btw I found a high performance one for 163.00 next day free shipping (it's prob. in Az now and in the IE by noon tomorrow!) all this with in 15mins. You know you can't help but to see the trouble we are all in, with the state of California billions in debt,employment @ 12% and loads of foreclosures, there are people out there (I suppose not just jeep owners) that are more then willing to help others. It restores my confidence I don't want to get on my soap box (if it's not to late) but it's a good feeling now I just need to pay it forward tomorrow. Peace ~Hazz
    PHMadness
    PHMadness
    Admin

Jeep radiators Empty Re: Jeep radiators

Post by PHMadness Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 am

As hard as it is to believe, there are still a few decent human beings out there.
    WestwardHo
    WestwardHo

Post by WestwardHo Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:42 am

It's a Jeep thing!

I'm pretty sure when someone driving a Prius (or whatever) passes another person in a Prius they don't wave. It's like a bizarre secret club...

Hey! Where's the Jeep smilie???
    HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

Post by HaZzMaTt Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:20 pm

The Heep is Alive!

It's Alive!!
    After 4 days 454.80 in parts replacing the entire cooling system new water pump, Radiator, thermostat, new H2Oneck, upper/lower radiator hoses
    She's back! cheers
    WestwardHo
    WestwardHo

Post by WestwardHo Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 am

Yay! cherry
    Losel 2
    Losel 2

Post by Losel 2 Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 pm

HaZzMaTt wrote:The stock Jeep radiators that come with Jeep vehicles are notoriously insufficient for many Jeep drivers' needs and today I proved that by cracking the plastic top right off mine. ~ I found a high performance one for 163.00 next day free shipping ~ Hazz

Okay Hazz, give up the url for this place you got the radiator from. Never know when one is needed. So far Heep has been running cool and has never given me any problems, even out Jeep'n. I'll keep the url in my maintenance records for future use.

I was told from a guy I met at one of the events I went to that he had purchased a radiator from a place here in Rialto, but I was never able to find this place. He only gave me the name.

Losel 2
    HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

Post by HaZzMaTt Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 pm

http://www.radiatorbarn.com/
    I had a great purchasing experience with this Co. the only thing that was a bit miss leading was the 1 day shipping it "offers" one day shipping but you have to pay more for that it took 3 days to get but everything bolted right up and I went with the 3 core all aluminum one, it was only 40 bucks more!
    ~Hazz
    Losel 2
    Losel 2

Post by Losel 2 Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 pm

I just checked out this radiator site and I am so impressed. It will only cost me $220.10 for a heavy duty all metal radiator for Heep. And no extra shipping or handling charges. Can't beat that with a stick! Tnks Hazz for this site. Hope I never have to use it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:40 pm