WestCoastCachers.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WestCoastCachers.com

Geocaching & Exploring Forum

3 posters

No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps

pacholik
    pacholik
    Admin

No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps Empty No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps

Post by pacholik Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:42 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090427/ap_on_re_eu/eu_odd_switzerland_nude_hiking_ban;_ylt=Av7tjrmyxYfQjhCEo.eOeNztiBIF

By HARRY ROSENBAUM, Associated Press Writer Harry Rosenbaum, Associated Press Writer – Sun Apr 26, 8:48 pm ET

APPENZELL, Switzerland – Voters in the heart of the Swiss Alps on Sunday passed legislation banning naked hiking after dozens of mostly German nudists started rambling through their picturesque region.

By a show of hands citizens of the tiny canton (state) of Appenzell Inner Rhodes voted overwhelmingly at their traditional open-air annual assembly to impose a 200 Swiss franc ($176) fine on violators.

Only a scattering of people on Sunday opposed the ban on the back-to-nature activity that took off last autumn when naked hikers — primarily Germans — started showing up in eastern Switzerland.

The cantonal government recommended the ban after citizens objected to encountering walkers wearing nothing but hiking boots and socks.

"The reactions of the population have shown that such appearances over a large area are perceived as thoroughly disturbing and irritating," the government said in a statement.

A similar legal move is expected in neighboring Appenzell Outer Rhodes with legislation being prepared against "this shameless behavior."

German Web sites promoting the activity describe it as "a special experience of nature, free and healthy" and said nude walking in the Alps has roots in antiquity.

The verdant Appenzell region has been regarded as a favorite, with trails the nudists regarded as off the beaten path.

The German sites also promote walks in France and in regions of Germany, where public nudity has roots going back to the 18th century through a movement that has come to be called "Free Body Culture." Nudism in more conservative areas of Switzerland is less common.

A similar legal move is expected in neighboring Appenzell Outer Rhodes. The nationalist Swiss People's Party has advised the cantonal parliament it is preparing legislation against "this shameless behavior."
    HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps Empty Re: No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps

Post by HaZzMaTt Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 am

HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps Empty Re: No more Nude caching for HazzMatt in the Alps

Post by HaZzMaTt Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 am

Shocked
    PHMadness
    PHMadness
    Admin

Post by PHMadness Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 am

I wouldn't want to cache naked in the Alps anyway. It's kinda chilly there most of the year and there could be "shrinkage".
    pacholik
    pacholik
    Admin

Post by pacholik Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:31 pm

This was from the cache. Caching Naked GCTH48

April 28 by webscouter. (3539 found)
    When I was a young man my brother and I saw a news report about someone streaking at an athletic game. We decided we wanted to try it so we ran out the back door, circled the swingset and ran back inside the house. My mom tells me that my brother denies that he ever did this but I have always enjoyed being sans clothes when it is appropriate. So when I saw this cache I just knew that I had to spend some time on this beach. I headed down the trail and found ground zero fairly quickly and after checking to see if the lifeguards were around I scrambled up the hill. I immediately hit a lose rock and tore a big chunk of skin out of my left hand. I left several large "signature" spots on the rocks and then spent the next 45 minutes climbing up and down the wash looking for the cache. I wasn't able to find it and decided that I had spent enough time looking for it and it was time to enjoy the beach to its fullest. I sat down on the small rocks marking the end of the clothing optional beach and proceeded to join my fellow beach goers. I walked up the beach for about 40 minutes and then set my bag down and enjoyed a quick swim in the Pacific ocean. I couple of fellow swimmers agreed to take a picture for me as my self portraits were not turning out very suitable for posting.

After spending a couple of hours on the beach with no sunscreen I decided that perhaps it was time to rejoin the textiles and head up to my hotel to grab a few hours sleep before my overnight shift at Longs Drug Store in Dana Point.

Thanks for the great caching experience. I hope to return someday soon to avenge my DNF. Maybe next time a couple of San Diego cachers will join me in the hunt and I can say that I have SUCCESSFULLY Cached Naked.

HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

Post by HaZzMaTt Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Shocked
    HaZzMaTt
    HaZzMaTt

Post by HaZzMaTt Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Greatest log and accompanied photos EVER! and a DNF to boot
    I need to go down there and reposition the cache off the hill cachers are being yelled at by the lifeguards
    ~Hazz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 pm